Saturday, August 22, 2009

Will it ever end???

Okay, I finished my story what? Two or three weeks ago, right? I dug in and worked on my query/submission letter. I have this just about polished and good to go. I should be set to zip this awesome story out to eager publishers, right? Wrong. There always seems to be "just one more thing." I have a friend that tells me to get used to it. That it's always "just one more thing." Hahahaha. Okay, sure, I'm game. Doesn't mean I have to love it, but I'll do what it takes.
Oh, that extra bit I have to do? It's the synopsis. Basically, a book report of my story. It has to be short, concise, and explain the characters and the story from beginning to end. Sounds easy? I suppose, but it depends on to whom you speak. Some love 'em, some hate 'em. Me? We'll see. I can't say I'm jumping up and down about doing one, but I know it's necessary so I'll roll up my sleeves and turn on my machine and read my story again and make notes and turn out one kiss-a** synopsis!
I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment