Friday, October 22, 2010

A Camping I Will Go...

This weekend I am braving the great outdoors with my family to go camping. No, not the RV or pop-up camper type camping, but the fabric tents and sleeping bag type camping. Do I look forward to this? In a way. I love being outdoors and being with my family, so that's not such a bad thing. On the other hand, things like bathrooms will be a joke, and I'm already girding myself for the whiny-kid syndrome which will definitely hit five minutes into the trip.

Do you know what I'll miss the most? My books and my computer. Reading will be a near impossibility so I'm not even going to try. And as for the computer - would you take a laptop into the raw woods? I don't think so. I will, however, carry a trusty spiral notebook and some pens with me. They may not get used as our weekend's packed, but I almost always carry paper around with me as you never know when a good idea will hit or when that sticky plot point will work itself out.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment