Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mired

Here I sit in front of my computer, my fingers poised over the keyboard, my mind a whirl of ideas. Ideas of romance, love, relationships, endurance, obstacles. Hot sex and happy endings. You know, the good stuff.

I find and jot down notes for a little story about a fairy tale that blows up in the heroine's face.

I come up with an new idea about the classic bit of being blinded by what's right in front of you.

I toss around words and scenes for my wip. Organizing and categorizing and putting it all together.

I read over what I'm writing, and I want to simply hit "delete."

Ever had one of those days?

For me, I know it's because I've been going nine-to-nothing the past couple of weeks. Several new events have practically taken over my life, and I'm adjusting and rearranging and resorting my day-to-day experience of living. It'll sort out soon.

In the meantime, I will resist the compelling urge to delete and instead, save the words to their own files. To be re-read on another day when I'm in a better frame of mind. If there is one thing I've learned from others, is that you should never trash your craft just because you might be having a bad day. Look at it another time, with fresh eyes. 

Then delete the crap.

lol. 

Have a Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment