Friday, June 13, 2014

New Release!! Pirates are here!!

Yay! It's Friday the 13th 
and it's the exclusive Totally Bound release 
of a scalding hot pirate tale 
of love and lust and revenge on the high seas. 

I'm so excited I could shout. 
Hey, it's a virtual world. 
I can. 
YAY YAY YAY!!!!  
Join me in my delirious joy and make your weekend sizzle. 
Go now and pick up your copy of Temptation Released!


Oh, and be one of the first to try out Totally Bound's new 
Instant Gratification one-click pay with PayPal. 
Just click the button on the book's page to buy (super easy!) 
and you can even tell the computer where to send your delicious read!

Here's a little snippet of my pirate tale, Temptation Relelased:

By reading any further, you are stating that you are 18 years of age, or over. If you are under the age of 18, it is necessary to exit this site.
Copyright © Ayla Ruse 2014. All Rights Reserved, Total-E-Ntwined Limited, T/A Totally Bound Publishing.
---------------------
 
“It is so blasted hot,” Lady Elise Clifton complained. She’d stripped down to her chemise and was pacing the cramped cabin, praying for a cool wind to slip through the tiny porthole.

“You could go up on deck, you know,” stated her companion, Brianna. “There’s wind there.”

“I know, but I have to make sure I’m packed. You go on ahead if you want.”

“I might. I’ve watched you go through this bag every day for the past week.” Brianna upended the cloth satchel and repacked it, naming each item as she did so. “Look, you have a pair of slippers, a day dress, a corset with your money sewn in, the breeches and shirt I stole from my brother for you, a brush and ribbons. Same as yesterday. Same as the day before. Nothing’s changed. Besides, if we are attacked, I’m sure the pirates won’t be gentleman like and ask for your luggage.”

“You’re probably right, but if I’m to go through with this—”

“If we’re attacked, that is.”

“Yes, if we’re attacked, then I want to be ready. I’ll not begin my new life empty handed and shy.”

“Like there ever was a shy bone in your body,” Brianna mumbled.

Elise heard and chuckled. “You know me well. And you do know what you’re to do if a pirate comes for us, right?”

“Do exactly what he says.”

“You sure you’ll be all right?”

“Elise, I’m here, aren’t I? I could have stayed in London, but I’m the one you’ve confided in all these past months. I couldn’t let you do this alone.”

Brianna’s brother, Elise had discovered several months ago, was a sailor in the British Navy, and he’d often write to Brianna with tales of the pirates they’d captured or those who had run away. When Elise’s father had determined she move to the colonies, Elise had paid closer attention and latched onto the tales, yearning to live the life of a pirate, a life full of independence.

“I’m this close,” she said, pinching her fingers nearly together, “to having the freedom I want, Brianna.”

“Well, your idea of freedom and mine are two different things. I still say we should have switched places. You could’ve been me and I would’ve assumed your identity. No one on this ship knew us when we boarded and surely no one will know us in the colonies.”

“And you know I wanted to, but my uncle would recognize the falseness in an instant. I told you that my father sent him a portrait of me barely a year past.”

Boom!

Brianna screamed. “What was that?”

Elise turned to the sound and rushed to the window. “Damn, I can’t see from here. It sounded like a cannon.”

Another shot rang out and Elise spun around. “I bet we’re being attacked,” she said excitedly. “It’s time.”
Elise caught Brianna’s wide-eyed stare and laughed. “Don’t look so aghast. You know this has been my dream for months. With any luck, by nightfall I’ll be onboard the pirate’s ship and, if things continue my way, I’ll be debauched, lying in the captain’s bed and free from marriage.”

“You’re crazy, you know that,” Brianna said, a tremor in her voice. “Remember my brother writing about how violent pirates can be? And smelly? And ugly? You could wind up dead in the pirate’s bed.”

****
What about you? What would you fear in going to a pirates bed? Violence? Within consensual reason. Smelly? Probably not. Ugly? Yikes, I guess I could pray for the candles to blow out. Death? God, I hope not. 

Snag your copy of Temptation Released today to find out what perils Elise will have to face in order to gain the loss of her innocence. Then again, the pirate captain you have yet to meet, may find that the feisty Elise simply isn't temptation enough.  

Buy Link, exclusively from Totally Bound: https://www.totallybound.com/temptation-released#excerpt

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment