Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 1 of NaNo in the bag!

This month, among everything else, I'm eagerly participating in the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short). 

You'll notice to the right, in the sidebar, I'll keep you updated with my progress. I'm thrilled with today's word count. The goal of NaNo is to finish 50,000 words between today and November 30. My goal is to go over that 50K. I'm shooting for 75 to 100K. Yes, full length novel here. 

It's totally different for me, the full novel, but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time now. My longest story to date is just under 40K. Short stories have been my thing for the past four years, and although I'm not giving up on the short story, my heart longs for a meatier book. 

Another way this one is different is that it won't be erotic. It'll be romance. Yes, there will be sex, but it'll fall into the suspense/thriller category of romance. 

So it is with great excitement I share this news with you, before heading off to bed. I've put in a full day, I met my word count (I wanted to get 2K today), wrote the rough draft of the prologue, and now it's time to brainstorm tomorrow's opening chapter. 

Until next time,
Ayla

No comments:

Post a Comment