Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Would you make love With the Lights On?

I can't speak for everyone, but most people would say no. Reasons are many, but for my heroine in With the Lights On, she can hide better in the dark. What happens when she has a lover who won't bend to her wishes for cover? Find out in my latest release from Changeling Press--now available from some of your favorite ebook sellers! Read on for more...

Tia is an educated, independent woman who's come to terms with her less than stellar love life. She's had various lovers, but she also knows her body is not made for sex like other women's. She enjoys the foreplay, to a degree, but get past that and it's nothing but disappointment for her. 

That is, until Damien puts her to the test. He's bound and determined to show the sexy sociologist that she can be just as receptive to pleasure as any other woman, no matter what it takes. She won't have any place to hide once he gets his hands on her, yet will she be able to give herself over to his seductive demands? 


With the Lights On 
by Ayla Ruse 

Publisher: Changeling Press 

Genre/Themes: Contemporary erotic romance, Guilty Pleasures 

(*Additional buy links follow the excerpt*)

Excerpt: 

“Well, damn,” Damien exclaimed softly. He straightened and rested his forehead against hers. She felt the rapid beat of his heart against her chest. But…  

Why isn’t he touching me? 

“Damien, are you all right?” she asked hesitantly. 

“No.” He exhaled. “And neither are you, it seems.” He was a little out of breath, and had moved his forearms to the door on either side of her head. 

“What do you mean?” Tia gave a little wiggle and ran her nails down his ribs. She peeked at him through her lashes and tried a seductive smile. All for naught, though, because his eyes were closed. 

“I’m so sorry, Tia. I brought you up here because I’ve wanted you for months, and your words downstairs were a challenge to me. Then we got so caught up, I forgot…” 

She watched him mutely. Unsure. When he opened his eyes, she couldn’t look away. 

“I bet this is what happens, isn’t it? Some guy gets you interested, you two go at it, then he’s the one racing ahead.” 

“It isn’t like I sleep around or anything,” she whispered, not wanting to admit how right he was. 

“No, I don’t think you do. And this is a good reason why I suspect.” 

Keeping his gaze locked with hers, he set his hand next to her breast, over her heart. Her calm and steady heart. 

“What happened?” he asked, barely making a sound. 

She dropped her gaze and shrugged her shoulders. “I told you downstairs. This is me.” 

He didn’t answer or move, and she looked back up at him, trying to read this unusual man who’d stopped loving her because of her sudden lack of enthusiasm. 

The silence made her uncomfortable. “What now?” she asked. “Should I go? I should go, shouldn’t I?” She shrugged again and tried to straighten, but Damien wouldn’t budge. 

Then he did the oddest thing yet. He gave her a chaste kiss on her forehead, the tip of her nose, and ended with his palm nestled against her cheek and a soft kiss to her lips. 

These innocent moves, delicate touches, made her tremble as nothing else ever had. “Damien.” 

“You aren’t going anywhere,” he whispered across her lips. “I’ve wanted you too long, and I think you’ve wanted me, too, or else we wouldn’t be here. I want to make this good for you. For us. But it’s going to take an effort on your part. I want you to let me try to take you there.” He continued to place soft, easy kisses over her eyelids, her brow, her cheeks, the corners of her mouth. 

“Where?” 

His smile across her cheek made her return the gesture. 

“Let me make love to you, Tia. Listen to me -- I’ll say it again. I want to make love. To you. With you. And I don’t care how long it takes, I’ll make it good for you. But you have to trust me.” 

Tia opened her eyes, feeling him pull away. He still cupped her cheek and she rested against his palm, loving the strength in his large hand. He ran his thumb across her lip and waited. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pick up your copy of With the Lights On at any of these amazing sellers:

Changeling Press
All Romance eBooks
Amazon
Barnes and Noble



No comments:

Post a Comment