Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Inspiring Music

A few years ago, when I wrote the stories that make up the Malathix Soul Box Set, I didn't simply sit down and pump out the tales. No, the entire beginning of this series had been working in my brain for quite some time as it was. And it all began with a song. 

As I had listened to this particular song, a story had swirled and formed until I had no choice but to write it down. This became Soulless. When I then turned to write Broken and Jagged, the same song wouldn't fit, but it led me to look at other songs that called to me, that seemed to embody the essence of what my characters were going through or needing. 

Enjoy the links below that will take you to each of the songs that led to the Malathix Soul Box Set. Warning, like the stories, the music is hard and a little dark, but it's spot on. ;)

(Please note that the links for the songs are to YouTube. Personally, I enjoy the listening more than the "seeing." Enjoy either way!)

Soulless was inspired by 
"Space Lord" by Monster Magnet.  

Broken was inspired by 
"Erase My Scars" by Evans Blue  

Jagged was inspired by 
"Far From Home" by Five Finger Death Punch 


Oh, and if you want to see how these stories turned out, 
drop by Changeling and pick up the Box Set
Reading these stories back-to-back is an exhilarating experience! 

Have a fantastic Hump Day!
~Ayla

No comments:

Post a Comment