Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's [back] to work I go...


Okay, maybe the dwarf song is a little out there, but it's been popping in and out of my mind today. 

You see, I'm back to writing after intentionally taking a writing break. 

Troubles with stories I'd been working on, school beginning (and I do the teaching myself; no shuffling off to a bus or anything), and simple "life sucks" happenings were overwhelming me that I simply put a stop to several things.

Including the writing for a short bit. 

For example, instead of having a comfortable time, or any set time, to write, I'd been attempting to squeeze it in when I had the time.  Unfortunately, it wasn't every day, and I suffered for my lack of order.  So I laid the writing aside to get my other life happenings straight (yea), and to get myself in gear to plan to write. 

I should have done this years ago.  {{forehead slap}}  Now, there is no more squeezing in here and there.  No more "I don't have the time."  Nuh-uh.  I have my writing planned out now.  I have times and dates and even --  dare I say -- goals to reach.  It's exciting for me to finally have some order going on.

Okay, okay.  Break off the happy-happy dance and settle down. 

It's time to come clean and speak heart-to-heart.  Earlier, I made it sound like I was a numbskull for not being more orderly years ago. 

Truth, I used to think writing would be able to simply flow, like a newly tapped font of fiction.  No real effort.  Just sit down and the words would come.  Hahaha.  Idealized of me, I know.  I've been avoiding this truth for awhile and like I said, my writing suffered.  Not only in the actual craft, but also in simply "getting it done."  

In the title of this post I exchanged the word "off" for the word "back," because I do feel like I'm getting back, but in a much better way.     

No comments:

Post a Comment