And, as it's Monday and as I usually over-do, today you have double the hop. Not only is it the last day for the When Sparks Fly Blog Hop, but you get the added bonus of my also being a part of the Tasty Reads Summer Blog Hop.
First, here are the details for the When Sparks Fly Hop: Click here or on the button to the left to go to the blog hop page to see and visit all the other authors attending. To enter for a chance to win a $10 gift certificate [winners choice of amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com] from me, please comment on this post (or any of my blog posts during the When Sparks Fly hop; one comment per day and I each comment = an entry into the contest). Midnight EST today is the end of the hop and the last time to enter to win. I will choose a winner through Random.org and contact the winner no later than Wednesday of this week. I will announce the winner no later than this Friday on this blog.
Second, I was invited by Sara Jay to take part in the Tasty Reads Summer Blog Hop. This is simply a fun way meet other authors, find out about their latest releases and snag some delicious recipes. Read on for the fun and yummy Q&A:
1) My current release is Her Sexy Side. It's available now through Changeling Press. Here's a little info on the story:
Kiera loves her new eroticism, but would her desire exist without his art?
Max Winters and Kiera Long may have never discovered their interest in one another if it weren't for fate. One of Max's erotic drawings winds up in Kiera's hands, and even though she's shocked, the conservative teacher can't help but be intrigued. She wants to explore these untamed parts of herself, and who better to join her in this discovery than Max.
As their relationship develops, guilt eats at Max. He can infuse his drawings with persuasion and knows he has to come clean with Kiera if there's ever a chance for them to remain together.
When Kiera discovers the secret behind Max's drawings, she's crushed. Now, how far will she go to find out if she can be sexy without Max, or is this even possible?
2) When writing are you a snacker?
YES! My guilty snacks are either plain potato chips (Wise is my fav) or those bags of bite-sized candies. *drool*
3) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants?
I tend to fly by the seat of my pants.
Are they real pants or jammies?
Jammies, of course!
4) When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?
First time - by the book. After that, I tweak it to my liking.
5) What is next for you after this book?So much! I have a freebie short story that goes with Her Sexy Side coming out to the Cheeky Changeling ezine next week. In September I'll have another release with CP, in October I'll be in TEB's Whip It Up! Anthology, and in November I'll have a Christmas story out.
6) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?
Her Sexy Side is in the naughty range. I pulled back a little on this one as compared to some of my other stories.
Now, how 'bout a summer recipe. Although in truth, this is one I love to make just about any time of the year!
Mandarin Orange Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 jar or can of mandarin oranges, drained
· Mix the cake according to the box directions.
· Fold in drained oranges
· Put mix into greased and floured cake pans and bake according to box directions.
While the cake is cooking, work on the “icing.”
1 container of Cool Whip. (I usually use the larger container, but no less than a 16 oz tub)
1 box of instant French vanilla pudding mix. Make sure it is the French vanilla type.
1 can of crushed pineapple, drained.
· Mix the dry pudding mix and the drained pineapple with the Cool Whip.
· Cover with plastic wrap in put in the fridge.
After you remove the cake from the oven, cool thoroughly on wire racks.
Put your cake together using the icing you made between each layer, top, and if desired, sides.
Garnish top with pieces of mandarin orange, if desired.
Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Check out some of the other authors that have been invited to participate in the Tasty Summer Reads hop:
Have a terrific Monday, and don't forget to comment for a chance to win a gift certificate as part of the When Sparks Fly blog hop!