Saturday, July 13, 2013

Seduction

© hitdelight - Fotolia.com


That's what I thought about when I saw this picture: Seduction. 

I'm writing a story where the heroine is a sultry red-head. She's also a Djinn, so the addition of the smoky atmosphere at the base of this image also drew me in.

When I write, I don't go out and try to hunt down pictures of my characters. I'll admit I might look for songs, but images, not so much. I think it's because I like to create my own image and I like my readers to do the same. I'll give a little bit of description, but unless it's something specific to the character or the story, I let the details come as the reader.

I came across this picture by accident -- I was looking for a picture of man. *g* But when I saw her, I had to have her. I'll keep this up and look at it periodically as I'm writing my heroine's tale. It doesn't fit her exactly...my heroine's smoke is a mix of blue and green. Not red. But that's okay. I like the pose. I like the red hair. I like the etheral-ness of the image. Most especially, I like that this lures me in, makes me want to know what she's doing. Is she lost in her thoughts or is she actively trying to pull me in? Will her goal be in fact, seduction, or will she turn and lead me down a path of horror?

Yes, I admit, I am seduced by my curiosity. 

Now to go back to my Djinn, and the secrets she longs to tell. 





No comments:

Post a Comment