Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Welcome Jolly Rogered author Meg Harding

Please give a warm welcome to the lovely Meg Harding, author of one of four enticing tales of pirates and the love that overcomes all else. Her book, The Running Game, is currently on sale exclusively through Totally Bound, but will be available through your favorite ebook seller on Friday, July 11. Right now, she's joining me with the hero from The Running Game, Oliver. Read on for a fun-filled interview...





Meg: Apart from you, who is the scariest pirate on the high seas?
Oliver: My wife. She’s become truly terrifying. I think my crew is more scared of her than me.

Meg: In your own words, tell us what your first impression was when you met Irene. Did you hit it off right away?
Oliver: We hit it off quite literally, I’d say. *chuckles* No, really, it was rough going. She was wonderful. Very brash and brave, didn’t hold anything back. She fought with me a lot. I knew she was trouble the second I laid eyes on her.

Meg: What is Irene’s worst habit?
Oliver: My darling Irene is perfect. But she is a bit of a bed hog.

Meg: … and what’s her best quality?
Oliver: She’s the smartest person I’ve ever met and she’s not afraid to give it her all. 

Meg: If you were shipwrecked on a desert island, what three items would you want to take with you?
Oliver: I'd want to take the rum of course. A good book...I'd imagine a desert island could get a bit dull after awhile. Am I alone on the island? If Irene's with me that paddle I just got will definitely be the third.  

Meg: You've sailed the high seas for a good while now. What is the best place you've ever been to and why do you like it?
Oliver: There's a lovely island nearish Tortuga and it's gorgeous. Sand and beach and palm trees and not one inhabitant. The water is crystal clear and there's a hot springs tucked away. I took Irene there on our honeymoon. Best two weeks of my life, let me tell you. 

Meg: Women or ships?
Oliver: This is an unfair question. My wife would string me up if I answered either way. I suppose, outside of my darling princess of course, that I would say ships. 


Meg: If a huge inheritance came your way, what would you do?
Oliver: I'd move off of Tortuga. Oh, in a heartbeat. Get myself a fancy house on an island. Could get Irene some horses--she loves to ride. Maybe add another ship to my crew. Imagine all that I could accomplish with two ships. The loot would be falling into my hands like rain from the sky. 

Meg: Describe yourself in five words.
Oliver: Dashing, handsome, intelligent, brave, and humble. 

Meg: Did you have any serious relationships before Irene? If so, what happened? How did you break up?
Oliver: Irene was a shocker for me, that's for sure. I'd always been a bit of a free spirit if you know what I mean. A shag here, a shag there. The sea was my only mistress and she was one of a kind. I didn't have a need for any other real relationship.

Meg: Have you done the Totally Bound Jolly Rogered Quiz yet? What was your score?
Oliver: I have indeed and I got all save one correct. Why don’t you take it and see if you can beat me? I’m doubting it. 
Do you have what it takes to beat Oliver? Find out: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YWVMRQC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Running Game by Meg Harding

There’s something to be said about great adventure, an impossible moment in time when everything falls into place. This is undoubtedly her impossible moment.

Some people just don’t have any luck. On the run from her murderous fiancĂ© and a very angry father, Irene is pretty sure her luck can’t get any worse. After all what’s worse than being the lone woman stuck on a cargo ship headed to the Americas? How about getting captured by pirates as her money and only shot at freedom sink to the bottom of the ocean? Not that she ever could have anticipated that.

Oliver is a man burdened with a great amount of luck and a fine sense for all things adventurous. Holding up one little cargo ship isn’t supposed to give him much more than a few bits of gold and some excitement. Who could have anticipated the spitfire on board who would turn his world inside out?

Things are about to get messy as Irene tramples all over Oliver’s image of a proper lady and sets about showing him just how much trouble one little woman can truly cause. Oliver has never enjoyed an adventure so much.


Buy The Running Game today from Totally Bound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meg Harding is a senior at UCF, currently studying psychology in the hope of becoming a couple's counselor. For as long as she can remember, writing has always been her passion, but she had an inability to ever actually finish anything until recently. She's immensely happy that her inability has fled and looks forward to where her mind will take her next.

Links:







No comments:

Post a Comment