Friday, September 18, 2009

Struggles

Hey out there. I can't believe it's been so long since I've put my 2 cents in here. I've written so many blog posts in my head lately I'm ashamed to say I've not put them online. Oh, well. I'm here now and that's all that matters.

I've begun my next story. I am so excited about this story and the fact that my idea is set for a series of books to boot.

Despite my enthusiasm, I am trudging along with the beginning. I don't know - for you writers out there - where your sagging points are: the end, the middle, where ever, but for me, it has always been my beginning.

Take my current WIP. I know the hero and heroine, I've worked out their conflicts and their locations and hook-up and issues. I'm pretty confident how the story line will work across multiple books and even how the characters will resolve their personal and relationship issues. Kinda sounds like it's set in stone and just go from there, right? For me, wrong.

I'm opening this story with the heroine in discussion with her girlfriends. Only, the discussion is being led into topics I hadn't anticipated and the heroine has already shown me a side of herself I never knew existed and you know what? It's frustrating, yet exciting. I'd compare it to jumping onto a new horse who is chomping at the bit to be off in his own direction. I'm stuck on his back and struggling with the reins to force him to go my way. Yes, it is a fierce struggle, but the story's worth it and then some.

On a different note, I skipped school today for the kiddos. Hadn't planned on it, but we got Direct TV today and between the hook-up then checking out the totally new everything about it, it was already lunchtime. I've learned the hard way that trying to get the little ones to listen up in the afternoon is a near impossibility unless we've already been at it all day. So the kids are happy and playing games and I have a few minutes to steal away. What is a productive, busy girl like me to do? Finish this up and hop back on that horse to try to break him in some more, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment