Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dedicated to those who Rock!


Yeah, sounds like a song, doesn't it? Almost an AC/DC knock-off? Hey, I like AC/DC, so what can I say, this post's title just...came to me. :)

Seriously, though, I want to take a minute to say thank you for the music that inspired my new series coming out with Changeling Press: The Malathix Soul Series. This Friday - yes, 2 more days!! - book 1, entitled Soulless, will be released. This one, as well as the second, Broken, and the third, TBA, would not have been possible without great songs by groups like Evans Blue, Five Finger Death Punch and Monster Magnet. (If you go to any of these websites, be forewarned some of them have music that auto plays if you need to adjust your volume accordingly.)

Funny, I look at the names of these bands and some of the others I like; I think in general about their songs, and it doesn't seem at all like the image of me. I mean, I'm a stay-at-home mom, moonlight as an erotic romance author, pretty much a typical housewife.  ;-)    The fact that I love some of my music to rock hard and heavy is my little...private thrill.

My DH doesn't always get it, my BF doesn't get it, my kids don't get it, but that's okay. I do.

I mean, c'mon. Drums that pound where I can feel the matching beat running through my blood. Guitar riffs that give me goosebumps. Lyrics that make my head spin. It's like a drug, really. But without the ickyness of withdrawal.

But I've shifted off couse. Sorry about that. What I want to say is Thank You to great bands such as the ones named above, whose lyrics have haunted and inspired my muse, which in turn has haunted and inspired me to write these books.



Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you're a metalhead. But I admit I can't wait to buy Soulless tomorrow. I'm counting down the hours... :) Major congrats.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm chuckling right now, remembering the few times I tried to get you to listen to some of "my" songs. Guess it'd be like me trying to listen to the dance stuff you love. :D

    ReplyDelete