Friday, January 6, 2017
My Favorite Things (so far) #MFRW
Welcome to the MFRW Blog Hop! This week's theme is A Few of my Favorite Things. My Favorites are below the picture below.
A Few of my Favorite Things
I *love* this prompt. Just the name brings to mind the classic song, 'My Favorite Things,' from The Sound of Music. Da-da-da-da-da-da... Now you're singing it too, right? It's been playing in my head ever since I read the theme. Hard to concentrate on MY favs, though. But I did. After brainstorming and musing and listing, I came up with the following 5 things that I consider...My Favorites!
1. Sunsets. But not just any sunset. I live in the sunny south and out of the entire year, nothing can compare to the sunsets in September and October. During that last thirty or so minutes before the sun disappears completely, the surrounding sky is an explosion of color: reds, oranges, yellows, and even shades of violet. It's also how these colors streak and bunch and blend across the sky. Every evening brings something unique and different.
2. A Good Book. What constitutes a Good Book for me? Probably the same things that are for most of you: great characters, engaging plot, something that will draw me in and KEEP me in. A story that will make me physically react with something like an out loud laugh, tears, a surprised gasp, or even an exclamation (as I did in a recent book I read) like, "he did NOT just do that!" Any genre can be Good Book. It's not exclusive to Romance (even though romance is my favorite genre 😉).
3. A Yummy Snack. Or, should I say, an indulgent snack. This is something that my taste buds love, my mouth waters as I make, but that I don't often have on hand. As a bonus, a Yummy Snack is usually something my kids will turn their noses up to, which makes it even more, mine-all-mine. I usually enjoy said snack in the evening, after the kids are in bed, when I can lounge and have those few rarefied "me" moments. A couple examples would be a freshly made, hot apple tart, a cup of flavored hot tea with honey, or a nice plate of cheese and crackers paired with a delicious red wine.
4. My Kindle. I know nearly everyone in the world has one by now, and I only picked mine up about a year ago, but I love my Kindle. I can write with it, I can read (of course), and I even have a few ridiculous games to play. I can surf the net, watch movies, I mean--you know what I mean. I carry mine with me everywhere, and every person in my household knows my Kindle is mine, and it means: hands off!
5. PJ's. Especially with long sleeves. And fuzzy ones, too. Despite my geographical location, where temperatures range in the 90's over half the year, I. Freeze. All the time. Maybe I'm part reptile? No telling. But I never go anywhere, at any time of the year, without a jacket of some kind. And when I'm at home, I want to be comfortable and cozy, so I dive right into my pj's as soon and as often as possible. Right now, my fav's are a pair of fuzzy purple-plaid bottoms paired with a loose, long sleeve top. Another best part of cozy pj's? No bra required. 😀
I've had fun coming up with favorite things to share with you. What is one of yours? Want some ideas? Remember to visit the other authors in his hop to see some of their favorite things.
Enjoy the hop, and thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I have to say I love to watch the sunset too. So incredible. Great list of things. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
You're so welcome! I'm looking forward to this challenge.Delete
Wow--you write on your Kindle? I'm impressed!ReplyDelete
Great list of favorite things, Ayla.
Thanks, Alina. Yes, I use a Bluetooth keyboard. I sit so often with nothing to do while the kids are at their activities, at least I can be productive!Delete
I love sunrises. I love the anticipation of what's to come in the new day. :)ReplyDelete
I love your take on sunrises; that they anticipate the dawning of a new day. How beautiful.Delete